Winter isn't the only time to have family fun and adventures in the mountains! Most Utah ski resorts are open during the summer and offer a variety of activities such as concerts, mountain biking, and more. From movie nights at Snowbird, a slip n slide at Nordic Valley, to hiking at Alta, there are plenty of things to do in the summer at Utah ski resorts. Due to COVID 19 social distancing protocols be sure to check thoroughly before attending a social event.
For the first time ever, Alta will be offered lift-served hiking through Sunnyside chairlift. The lift is currently closed due to COVID restrictions. The Albion Grill is open for food and drink. There is limited parking in Albion Basin for $8/day Summer season began June 27, 2020. Please visit Alta for more information.
Brighton Resort is not open for the summer, but the mountain itself is very popular with hikers of all levels.
There are a variety of summer activities offered at the base of Snowbird. New for this year, Snowbird has the Woodward WreckTangle- a ninja obstacle course built for family fun. The Tram at Snowbird is open for scenic rides and access to mountain biking as well during the summer. PLEASE BE ADVISED SNOWBIRD'S SOCIAL DISTANCING PROTOCOL ALLOWS FOR ONLY 25 PEOPLE ON THE TRAM PER RIDE. All of Snowbird’s activities are open from 11 am- 7 pm daily. Please refer to Snowbird's Summer Activities Protocol.
Solitude offers lift-served mountain biking and hiking during the summer. Summer activities at Solitude also include an 18-hole disc golf course, which is open every day. Chairlift access for mountain biking and hiking is available. Solitude 20/21 Summer Activities.
Park City Resorts
Deer Valley resort is open every day through September 3rd, 2018 and offers a variety of summer activities including mountain biking, stand up paddleboarding, fly fishing, hiking, and much more. Snow Park Amphitheatre hosts the Deer Valley Concert Series, which features world-class performances by a variety of artists from all over the world. Additionally, all of the hotels and restaurants are open for the summer- making it the perfect place for a full day of adventure.
Park City Mountain Resort is filled with fun summer activities. Along with mountain biking and hiking, Park City also offers an alpine slide, zip lines, alpine coaster, and mini-golf. PayDay, Crescent, Red Pine Gondola, Town Lift, and the Cabriolet Gondola are all open during the summer. Guided Historical hikes, along with nature hikes, and other guided tours are available. Please adhere to all social distancing protocols. Read more about summer activities here.
Nordic Valley summer of affordable fun! 18-hole Disc Golf tee off on top of Apollo lift. Hiking, Biking, Lawn games Nordic Valley remains a favorite hometown venue for locals. Enjoy the comfort and hospitality of having a backyard BBQ with friends and family. Summer Lift hours Saturday and Sunday 10 am-5 pm. Saturday nights Live Music & Grill is Open 6 pm-9 pm Grill is open we offer an affordable menu and, once you smell the fries and hamburgers on a perfect evening, you will wonder why you brought a brown bag! Bring your lawn chairs, blanket, cooler, and the neighbors. Pets are welcome on a leash.
- Mountain bike trails.
- Slim N Slide 400 feet down the mountain!
- Hiking and running trails with spectacular views.
- New, mountain 18 hole disc golf course. Tee off at the top of the Apollo lift.
- Complimentary lawn games: corn hole, yardzee, frisbee and tic-tac-toe.
- Saturday night concerts starting at 6 p.m.
- Utah Super Spartan Race is coming back to Nordic Valley for a third year on July 27-29.
Get busy living and head up to Powder Mountain for epic mountain biking and watch for fun events coming to Powder Mountain this summer and fall!
- Trial Trials presented by Solomon - Thursday's at 6:30 - August 23, 2018. This is a bi-weekly 5K timed fun run series for our growing local running community. Our goal is to familiarize our guests with Powder Mountain’s summer trail network, while enjoying beautiful landscapes, tacos, beers and raffle prizes at the end of each race. Results will be posted Friday after the race on Pow Mow Trail Trials Facebook event page.
- Paper Airplane MTB Series - Every other Thursday, starting July 16 - August 30, 2018
- Pizza & Pints - Thursdays from 6pm - 9pm at Arbor Lodge
- Women in the Mountains MTB Retreat - Women only, all-inclusive, mountain bike retreat weekend hosted by renowned coach Erica Tingey and Women in the Mountains. August 9-11, 2018
- Open Air Dining Series - A one-of-a-kind outdoor dining and musical experience, perfect for anniversary celebrations, destination dinners, and slow food enthusiasts. August 26 and September 16, 2018
- El Doce at Pow Mow - 12 hour and 6 hour MTB race August 18, 2018
- Music in the Mountains: head to the top of Powder Mountain to enjoy chamber music. August 31-September 2, 2018
Snowbasin be open on Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays 10:00am-6:00pm June 10 - October 8 for scenic gondola rides, hiking, biking, mountain-top dining, outdoor concerts, disc golf and more!
- Kids activities: Bungee jump, climbing wall and the Fort Grizzly Playground. Kid adventure tours are every Sunday for kids ages 6-10.
- Free Movie Night: Every Monday night June 26-July 31
- Gondola Rides: Enjoy a scenic gondola ride. Foot passenger tickets can be picked up at the Grizzly Center.
- Mountain Bike: Take Needles Gondola to the top of the resort to access 26 miles of single-track trails.
- Blues, Brews & BBQ: Every Sunday, enjoy a FREE concert series, indulge in BBQ, and ice-cold beverages.
- Sunday Brunch: Take a gondola ride up to the top of Needles Peak where the majestic Needles Lodge awaits. Striking valley high views and delectable brunch. June 24-October 7. Reservations are required.
- Dining Discovery: Explore your cravings and discover a new culinary region or theme. Held once a month go to www.snowbasin.com/events for schedule. Reservations required.
- Disc Golf: Enjoy a FREE 9 hole course at the base of the mountain. Disc golf rentals can be picked up at the Grizzly Center.
- Mid-Week Mountain Bike Series: Race bikes every Wednesday at 6:00 pm June 20 - August 29 (all ages).
- Mountain Top Yoga - Vinyasa Flow Yoga at 8,900 feet in Needles Lodge. $15 includes a complimentary gondola ride.
- John Paul Scenic Chairlift Rides - Enjoy lunch at John Paul!
Utah’s newest resort is also open in the summer! The resort is open for mountain biking, disc golf, and a giant water slide. The water slide is open to the public on Saturdays along with the Ultimate Bungee and other family-friendly activities. More information on discounts, summer activities, and social distancing protocols.
Beaver Mountain offers both tent and R.V camping during the summer, perfect for a little weekend getaway. Summer at the Beav!
South of Salt Lake
Brian Head summer activities are in full swing and offer a variety of festivals and summer activities. Summer activities include mountain biking, disc golf, archery, hiking, live music, and more. The resort will be open every weekend through the summer. Summer At Brian Head!
During the summer Eagle Point is home to excellent mountain biking and other summer activities such as golfing and canoeing. With a winter season pass to Eagle Point, you can receive small discounts on summer activities and food. Summer serenity at Eagle Point.
Sundance provides mountain biking, zip lining, scenic lift rides, horseback riding, and hiking during the summer. Additionally, their restaurants are all open during the summer, making them the perfect ending to a day of adventuring in the mountains. Summer at Sundance!